The 12 Apps That Every Parent of A Teen Should Know About
June 27, 2016
10 ways to beat the back-to-school Germs
August 22, 2018
1. Get enough sleep – about 9 to 11 hours a night for school children is the recommendation from the National Sleep Foundation.
2. Practice frequent hand washing with water and soap, especially at the five key occasions: before breakfast, lunch, and dinner, after using the bathroom and when you bath/shower.
3. Cover your mouth when you cough.
4. Use a tissue when you sneeze and throw it away immediately after or sneeze into the crook of your arm.
5. Keep your hands away from your eyes and out of your mouth.
6. Don’t share bottles, food or personal items. Follow the rule: if you put the item in your mouth, keep it to yourself.
7. Avoid close contact with other children who are sick.
8. Stay home when you are sick. This will help prevent spreading your illness to others.
9. Eat healthy foods.
10. Play! Exercise is good for you.
It’s important for parents and teachers to note that long hours in close proximity promotes the spread of common germs that cause these illnesses. Therefore, healthy hand hygiene and washing hands in the right way, is essential to protect children from germs.